New Smyrna Beach Area’s Destination Master Plan is a community-driven process. As the plan is developed, hundreds of regional stakeholders from the 5 communities of Southeast Volusia will be actively included in the process through a variety of engagements including 1:1 interviews, town hall meetings, resident and stakeholder surveys, and focus groups. If you are interested in learning more and being involved in the implementation of the strategy, please contact Debbie Meihls, President and CEO at DMeihls@VisitNSBFLA.com.
The objective is to engage the many diverse stakeholders who collectively comprise the tourism ecosystem in Southeast Volusia County to identify and prioritize opportunities that will balance tourism growth with the long-term health and vibrancy of our communities.
Southeast Volusia Advertising Authority’s Tourism Board of Directors and Master Plan Steering Committee will take what we learn from our communities and create a long-term strategy that aligns with and complements existing community plans and initiatives. This master plan is about our communities and how we can work together toward common goals now and well into the future.
Focus Group Nominations
You can submit your nominations for individuals who are leaders, engaged in their community, and outside-the-box thinkers for each industry-specific focus group HERE. Nominees will be reviewed and then approved by the Destination Stewardship Plan team to ensure each focus group is geographically representative of Southeast Volusia.
Engagement will include:
- Community Town Halls: We will conduct 7 facilitated sessions in person with local residents of Port Orange, NSB, Edgewater, Oak Hill, and Osteen, Flagler Avenue Business Association, Canal Street Business Association, 3rd Avenue Business Association, Arts & Culture, Hospitality Industry, and other local groups to discuss gaps and opportunities with regards to Southeast Volusia’s tourism and visitor economy.
- Resident Survey: We have developed an online survey to identify and gauge residents’ perceptions of a variety of key characteristics with respect to livability, culture, economy, and sense of place.
- Stakeholder Assessment: We will gather input through a stakeholder online survey that combines the most wide-ranging industry research available with stakeholder input, to provide destinations with strategies for sustainable growth.
- One-On-One Interviews: An interview guide will be developed with key questions for one-on-one consultations with key stakeholders.
- Focus Groups: These sessions will include a short presentation, followed by a highly interactive discussion on the key issues and opportunities for Southeast Volusia/NSBAVB visitor economy. Focus groups may be allocated according to industry segments (e.g., Hotels and Accommodations; Arts, Culture and History; Restaurants and Culinary; etc.) or by geographical region.
Request Our FREE Destination Guide
In New Smyrna Beach, there is something for everyone. From a vibrant local food scene to the performing and visual art, we are proud to be the perfect choice for creating new family traditions.